The Association was formed to help support the Fairlop Waters Outdoor Activity Centre. It is open to join by any user or supporter of the Fairlop Waters Lake. It’s primary aims as listed in it’s constitution are:
- Promote the activities of the Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre (“FOAC”).
- Assist in the maintenance of the site and maintenance of the equipment used to provide the activities of FOAC.
- Assist in the provision of the activities provided by FOAC.
- Undertake fund-raising activities on behalf of FOAC.
- Assist FOAC in enabling equal opportunity access to the services that FOAC provides, as defined by the relevant equal opportunities’ legislation.
- Assist FOAC in enabling equal access to the services that FOAC provides, to individuals with differing financial circumstances.
- Work with other groups that use the Fairlop Waters Lake to interact and consult with Redbridge council and VisionRCL or their agents regarding ongoing and future development that impacts the lake.
View the full Constitution.
The Association was formed on 28th April 2021 on the initiative of the following groups:
- 1st Hainault Scout Group
- 1st Woodford Guides
- 4th EFS Seas Scouts
- 4th Ilford North Scouts
- 36th EFS Seas scouts
- Epping Forest South Explorer group
- Fairlop Waters Rowing Club
- Fairlop Waters Sailing Club
- Fairlop Waters wind-surfing Club
- Redbridge home-schooling
- SRS Barnehurst Sea Rangers
- Parents of other lake users and other volunteers
Our social media is maintained by a group of young people who don’t sleep, backed by a small army of individuals and other community groups helping to spread our message. Web and email hosting is provided on behalf of this group by 4th EFS Sea Scouts.
The association is currently funded only by the many hundreds of hours of volunteers who have given up their time this far to reach out to the centre’s users, the community and the local council, supported by parents and supporters of individuals and groups that use FOAC.
The current committe is listed below. if you wish to join this committee or join the association as an individual or group member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no membership fee.
- Sarah Harris – Chair
- Melanie Knight – Secretary
- Richard Snape – Treasurer
- Matthew Balchin
- Tom Bever